Patient support. Clerical support.
You will free up the nursing staff to focus on immediate patient needs.
You will receive initial orientation and training with ongoing support throughout your volunteer tenure. As part of the PSL team, you will have the opportunity to use, enhance and learn many skills.
Many shifts are available to meet your schedule. We request a once-a-week, 3-4 hour commitment. You are a valued member of the team and it is very hard on units when volunteers “pop in and out,” so we ask for a minimum 6 months commitment.
- People person
- Desire and ability to provide emotional support
- Telephone and listening skills
- Able to push a wheelchair
- Enable PSL staff to focus on patient care
- Meet new people/network
- PSL polo shirt
- Discounts to area activities
- Recognition events
Lorie Bohm Klumb, MSW, MPA
Manager of Volunteer Services
Email Volunteer Services