What We Do Here Is Special
Looking for a way to get involved, give back to the community, or learn about a career in health care? Volunteering is a great way to make a difference.
At Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL, our goal is to provide our volunteers with an enriching experience. We do this by individually matching your interests and availability to our hospital's needs. Whether you enjoy working with people or paper, being seated or active, we have many ways you can help. Get to know us and learn about the many different and rewarding ways you can volunteer with us.
Our Volunteer Accomplishments
In 2013, our 375+ volunteers:
- Worked in more than 40 departments/units
- Provided more than 35,000 hours of volunteer service
- Prepared thousands of packets for areas such as pre-op surgery and wound care
- Prepared thousands of letters for mailings
- Created thousands of items for patients such as eye glass cases, blankets, hats, layettes and tray favors
- Provided non-medical aid to patients such as warm blankets and friendly visiting
- Welcomed and directed thousands of patients and visitors to areas throughout the hospital
- Rounded up and returned hospital equipment such as wheelchairs and wagons
- Played with, comforted and cuddled hundreds of babies and children
- Warmed the hearts of thousands of patients, families and visitors through pet visitation, music, healing arts and pastoral care