And help combat foot pain
(HealthDay News) -- Massaging your feet can help manage pain, minimize tension and improve circulation and muscle stimulation.
The Harvard Medical School suggests how to perform a foot massage:
- Relaxing in a comfortable seat, bend one leg so your ankle rests on the top of the opposite thigh.
- Using a bit of oil or lotion, gently rub your entire foot, from the toes to the arch to the heel.
- Knead the sole of your foot with the knuckles of one hand or by pressing with your thumbs.
- Use your hands to gently stretch your toes apart.
- Repeat these steps on both feet.