Oncology Nurse Navigation at Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center
Nurse navigators who specialize in cancer are members of your multi-disciplinary care team, serving as advocates and educators for you from diagnosis through survivorship. Our nurse navigators facilitate communication between your entire care team, help you coordinate appointments and transportation and address any other barriers you may face to support you throughout your cancer journey. Ultimately, our mission is to provide you with seamless care throughout the continuum of cancer care.
Nurse navigators advocate for patients by:
- Facilitating communication between all members of your care team
- Providing education on your specific type of cancer, your treatment options and clinical trial availability, and serving as a reliable and trusted source to answer your questions throughout your cancer journey
- Supporting you in making informed decisions about your care
- Providing a personalized experience at appointments, assessing your needs and relaying relevant information to providers
- Helping decrease barriers to care by advocating for your needs and connecting you to resources including rehabilitation services or complementary therapies