At Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, all bariatric surgery patient programs include access to our team of Registered Dietitians and behavioral health specialists-- before and after surgery. This includes:
- Pre-operation nutrition evaluation
- Pre-operation psychological evaluation (depending on insurance recommendations)
- Pre-operation nutrition education classes
- Follow up appointments with a Registered Dietitian and behavioral health specialist
- Monthly support groups for patients, family and friends
- Phone and email support with Registered Dietitian and behavioral health specialist
Our goal is to provide you with the tools you need to be successful in your weight loss surgery and this includes access to an experienced and compassionate support.
Monthly support groups provide a forum for continued education, lifestyle management and behavior modification options. They are a great way for patients to form lasting friendships with others who have undergone bariatric surgery. Topics vary, please see calendar for upcoming support group information.
Living outside of the Denver Metro area should not limit your access to our support staff. We are happy to do follow up appointments via telephone. Also remember that you can always call or email us with questions.