Presbyterian/St. Luke’s & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
From the common to the complex, we deliver world-class healthcare for the entire family, right here in Denver.
- Located in the heart of Denver on one campus:
- Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center 1719 E. 19th Ave., Denver, CO 80218
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children 2001 N. High St., Denver, CO 80205
- Serving the Denver Metro community for more than 135 years.
- 1818 employees, 1169 physicians, 80 specialties, 862 nurses, 315 volunteers.
- Only tertiary/ quaternary combined pediatric and adult hospital in this region.
- Largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in the Rocky Mountain Region. Only Level IV NICU in Denver.
- Largest full-service stem cell and bone marrow transplant program in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- 30,105 ER visits in 2017. Level IV Trauma Center. 24/7 adult and pediatric care. Average of 6 minutes or less door-to-doc time.
Commitment to the Community
- RMHC named 2018 Family Favorite Hospital by Colorado Parent Magazine. (Two consecutive years)
- P/SL and RMHC Community Advisory Councils include city officials, school district leaders, county
- officials and community emergency response agencies.
- RMHC Mobile Training Center a 39-foot RV with two simulation rooms, an ambulance, an ER patient
- room and four high fidelity pediatric mannequins is traveling to outreach areas in the region to train
- others in clinical scenarios.
- P/SL and RMHC offer a specialized program for high school students interested in medicine
- to volunteer on a weekly basis in many areas of the hospital with a variety of physicians.
- P/SL and RMHC offer community seminars on a variety of healthcare topics.
Supporting Local Organizations
- American Liver Foundation
- American Transplant Foundation
- Blood & Marrow Transplant Information Network
- Center CO Area Health Education Center
- Center for Personalized Education for Physicians
- Cherry Creek Schools
- Colorado Nurses Foundation
- Colorado Physician Health Program
- Cops Fighting Cancer
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Donor Alliance
- Denver Public Schools
- Face to Face Colorado
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Limb Preservation Foundation
- LODO Neighborhood
- Mother’s Milk Bank
- National Kidney Foundation
- Project Angel Heart
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House
- The Civic Canopy
- There With Care
- Wish for Wheels
- Leukemia & Lymphoma (LLS) Inpatient Light the Night Walk - LLS brings lanterns to P/SL immunocompromised oncology patients to walk around the unit.
- Donate Life Flag Raising Ceremony - In partnership with Donor Alliance, P/SL raises a flag to recognize current donors, raise awareness for organ donation needs.
- Teddy Bear Patrol - RMHC partners with local first responders to collect teddy bears for children in emergency situations.
- March for Babies Walk - RMHC partners with March of Dimes to raise awareness and resources towards birth defects and infant death research.
- Mini Medical University - P/SL and RMHC provide an opportunity for students to learn about careers in healthcare through hands-on scenarios.
- Little Hats, Big Hearts - P/SL and RMHC partner with the American Heart Association to provide homemade, red hats to babies born in February to raise awareness for congenital heart defects.
Benefits To The Community In 2017
- Sales/Use Tax - $914,000
- Real Property Taxes- $3,678,048
- Personal Property Taxes - $1,149,49
- P/SL & RMHC earned the Leapfrog High-Risk Delivery Standard for Very-Low Birth Weight Babies.
- P/SL & RMHC earned six consecutive “A” grades in patient safety from Leapfrog.
- P/SL’s Colorado Blood Cancer Institute holds FACT Accreditation since 2002.
- P/SL has the highest rated Kidney Program in Colorado by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients.
- P/SL earned the AHA/ASA Get with the Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Achievement.
- P/SL & RMHC were awarded Healthgrades 2018 Outstanding Patient Experience Award (Top 15% of hospitals nationwide).
- P/SL designated an Aetna Institute of Quality® Cardiac Care Facility for comprehensive heart & vascular treatment.
- P/SL earned 2018 Healthgrades Obstetrics & Gynecology Excellence Award (only hospital in Denver).
- P/SL earned 2018 Healthgrades Labor & Delivery Excellence Award (only hospital in Denver).