Volunteering at Presbyterian/St. Luke's and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
We brighten patient’s days. Our volunteers come from every walk of life. They are teens exploring medical careers, young adults attending med school, retired nurses, former patients, empty nesters and retirees who just want to give back.
Whether you enjoy working with people or paper, being seated or active there are many ways you can help.
Support a Hospital Unit
Would you like to help our medical team care for patients? This is a great way to learn about the inner-workings of hospital units. Provide clerical support, maintain patient access, answer phones/call lights, collect food trays, re-stock and turn over rooms. Volunteers who have served faithfully for 3 months or more may request to shadow medical team members to learn more about their roles and attend codes on their unit.
- Adult Intensive Care Unit
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Emergency Room
- Labor and Delivery
- Mom/Baby (Teen Friendly)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Orthopedics/Spine (Teen Friendly)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Surgery (PRE-OP & PACU)
- Surgical Telemetry
Support Patients and Their Families
Would you like to be more hands on with patients and their families? Your kindness can make a difference. From enrichment classes for moms-to-be who are on bed-rest to supporting art and music therapists, pet visitation, companioning kids, or just an encouraging word you can provide a much needed respite moment from an otherwise long day.
- Acts of Grace
- Animal Visitation (Teen friendly)
- Cancer Support Services
- Cuddlers (This Role is Currently Filled)
- Healing Arts: Musicians & Artists
- Kids Connection (Teen friendly)
- Limb Preservation
- No One Dies Alone
- Ronald McDonald Room (Teen friendly)
- Spiritual Care
- Musicians (Teen friendly)
- Waiting Room Rounding (Teen friendly)
- Wayfinding/Red Coats (Teen friendly)
Work Behind the Scenes
Would you prefer to work with paper more than people? The need for clerical support is plentiful.
- Human Resources
- Volunteer Services
- Medical Records
- Pharmacy (Teen friendly)