Ready to volunteer? Here a few more things to consider…
Our adult and teen volunteers are a vital part of our patient care team. Therefore, we ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months and a weekly shift of 3-4 hours. Shifts are available on weekdays, evenings and weekends. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate shorter term requests or service projects due to the cost and time needed to move a volunteer through the application process.
Some things you may want to consider as you prepare to volunteer:
- Know what you want to get out of volunteering
- Be sure that your volunteer commitment fits into your schedule and lifestyle
- Think about your skills, interests and life experiences and how they could be useful in a volunteer setting
- Recognize that you WILL make an impact on our hospital regardless of where your volunteer assignment takes
- We will make every effort to insure that your volunteer experience is rewarding, stimulating and fun
As a Volunteer, you receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary meal every day you volunteer
- The opportunity to meet new people and develop new skills
- Free health screenings and annual flu shot
- Special celebrations in your honor with occasional opportunities to see behind the scenes
- Progressive Health Center free massage chairs and other wellness opportunities
Understand the Application Process
To ensure patient safety, volunteers needs to complete the following during the on-boarding process: Adult or Teen Volunteer Application Form, Background Check, and Health Requirements (Proven immunization from Varicella, MMR, Tdap, current TB Skin Test and FLU shot during flu season). Additionally, teens need to provide a copy of their Social Security Card and sign a Teen Contract.
You will receive a Placement Phone Call
During this brief 15 to 20 minute phone call, we will review your application standing, discuss various placement opportunities and determine what works for your interest and availability.
Attend a Volunteer Orientation
Hospital/Volunteer Orientation occurs on a quarterly basis in January, April, June and October. Volunteers have the option of attending a hospital wide orientation on Monday’s from 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. that includes lunch and an opportunity to hear from hospital leadership or an evening option on Tuesday’s from 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
During orientation, volunteers will review the Volunteer Handbook, Code of Conduct, tour the hospital, take a badge picture and receive a volunteer t-shirt. Only volunteers whose background check are cleared and who have completed their immunizations requirements may attend monthly orientation. This process begins with completion of the adult or teen volunteer application.
Orientation dates as follows:
- January 14 or 15, 2019
- April 8 or 9, 2019
- June 4, 2019 (Summer only volunteers must attend this date) or June 10, 2019
- October 14 or 15, 2019
Train on your Unit
Volunteers can expect to train on their unit the week following orientation.
Contact Volunteer Services at pslvolunteerservices@HealthOneCares.com or 720-754-6107 with any questions you have about volunteering with us.