Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children are excited to offer Stratus, a new interpreting service for patients starting December 9th. Video conferencing is available for 17 of the most popular languages including American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Russian, Arabic, Somali, Nepali, Portuguese, Polish, Haitian Creole, French, Hmong, Bosnian and Burmese via iPad. Additionally, you have access to 190 languages via audio.
Benefits of this service:
- Translations are immediate. No need to wait lengthy periods for a translator. Available 24 hours a day. Brought right to bedside.
- White board feature allows patients to read in native language while listening.
- Private, secure and HIPAA/ADA compliant.
- Interpreting team is highly qualified meeting a stringent set of requirements.
- Three way calling feature allowing patients to contact family members while remaining on the call.