Diabetes is not a disease that can be ignored without consequences. Choices must be made. Either you manage your diabetes or it eventually manages you. The diabetes specialists at the Diabetes Management Center are here to assist you in learning everything you can about diabetes, while continuing to enjoy an active and satisfying lifestyle.
Patient-Centered, Team Approach
Under the supervision of your personal physician, a team of experts consisting of Certified Diabetes Educators provides the latest in diabetes treatment. Additionally, we encourage patients to bring a support person, such as a friend or family member, to class. The Diabetes Management Center works closely with the entire support network to provide an atmosphere of understanding and acceptance for everyone with diabetes, their families and others responsible for their care.
Diabetes Education helps patients by:
- Encouraging independence through diabetes self-management treatment.
- Empowering patients to understand their diabetes diagnosis and take control of their diabetes.
- Helping patients to track critical numbers, including blood pressure, cholesterol and HbA1c.
- Teaching the importance of eating a healthy diet, being active, taking medication as prescribed, controlling weight and checking blood sugar levels.
- Answering common questions about diabetes.
As an American Diabetes Association-recognized center for diabetes education, we invite
your physician to become familiar with what we have to offer. We will work closely with your
doctor to assist in managing your diabetes. Encourage your doctor to call with any questions
he or she may have regarding our services.
Diabetes Self-Management Education
The Diabetes Management Center at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center is dedicated to providing the highest quality diabetes self-management education based on the American Diabetes Association Education recognition standards. Your physician will indicate which of our class options is best for you.