Joint revision procedures are expected to increase more than 50 percent in the next decade as joint failures increase due to infection, bone loss, metal allergy or loosening. For a patient who has a condition that complicates a routine joint replacement, it’s essential to seek treatment from a surgeon specializing in complex joint reconstruction.
The Complex Joint Reconstruction team of specialists at the Institute for Limb Preservation focuses on collaborative management of patients with complex revision joint as well as the management of patients who need consultation regarding infected joint replacement procedures.
We specialize in treating complex joint reconstruction conditions, including:
- Primary (First Time) Joint Replacement
- Deformity Correction to Prepare for Primary Joint replacement
- Revision Joint Replacement
- Recurring Joint Replacement Dislocation
- Treatment of Infected Total Joint
- Metal Allergy issues
- Bone fractures around the Joint replacement (Periprosthetic Fractures)
- Loosening of a Joint replacement