Outpatient Medical Imaging Center at P/SL
The Medical Imaging Center at P/SL is a full-service outpatient diagnostic radiology department equipped with advanced imaging technologies. Our staff is committed to the highest level of patient care and excellent customer service.
All examinations are performed and interpreted by physicians who are certified by the American Board of Radiology and have advanced subspecialty fellowship training, and our facility has received accreditation from the American College of Radiology for our MRI and mammography services.
At the P/SL Medical Imaging Center, we are committed to the rapid communication of precise results to our referring physicians so that patients get answers to their questions quickly.
What diagnostic services are offered at the Medical Imaging Center?
- CT (computed tomography, also called CAT scans) - Series of x-ray images taken from different angles to generate detailed cross-sectional images of the body; used to diagnose internal bleeding, tumors, cancers, etc.
- MRI - Magnetic fields (not radiation) make pictures of the internal organs and structures inside the body internal; used to find injuries and to see if medicines and/or treatments are working properly
- Ultrasound - High-frequency sound waves create video images of soft tissue areas of the body; used in pregnancy and to examine internal organs
- X-ray/fluoroscopy - Small doses of radiation create pictures of the body’s internal structures; especially useful to diagnose bone fractures and joint injuries
- Bone density (DEXA) - Small dose of ionizing radiation produces pictures of the inside of the body (usually the lower spine and hips) to measure bone loss; helpful in diagnosing osteoporosis
- Mammography (screening and diagnostic) - Digital x-ray of the breast to screen for and detect the presence of cancer
- Stereotactic core and ultrasound-guided biopsies - Stereotactic biopsies use mammography (x-rays) to locate breast abnormalities, while ultrasound biopsies use high-frequency sound waves to create breast tissue images; both used to find breast cancer or abnormalities
What are the benefits and advantages of going to the Medical Imaging Center?
- Same-day scheduling available
- Digital films on PACS or CD - Allows physicians to quickly access patients' images and reports anywhere on our medical campus
- 8-hour turnaround on reports
- Verbal and stat reports available
- Courier services available
- Oral sedation offered
- Free parking
- Easy access in and out of the facility
Learn about our Radiation Right® safety initiative.
Our Radiation Right® safety program follows nationally approved safety protocols that prevent accidental or excessive exposure, helping to ensure that you receive the lowest effective dose of radiation.