Breastfeeding may be the most rewarding gift that a mother gives her child. From pregnancy to taking baby home, we at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center (P/SL) are committed to helping you reach your personal breastfeeding goals and we are prepared to help you every step of the way.
Due to our high level of breastfeeding care, P/SL is the recipient of both the Colorado Can Do 5 breastfeeding award and the International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) Hospital Care award.
For babies born premature or with additional nutrition needs, we partner with Mother's Milk Bank to provide breast milk to newborns in need.
P/SL offers a variety of educational opportunities for expectant mothers. All of our breastfeeding classes are FREE to families who deliver at P/SL.
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Breastfeeding Basics for Moms Only
- Breastfeeding Multiples
- Private or small group breastfeeding education for antepartum patients
When you deliver, we have all the support you need to get off to a good start.
- Nurses ready to help you get an early start with breastfeeding
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) available 7 days/week
- Daily class that covers postpartum care for mom and baby care information
- Hospital grade breast pumps
- Hospital grade breastfeeding pillows (nursing support pillows)
After You've Gone Home
- Telephone support through our Lactation Services (303-869-2212)
- Breastfeeding Support Group conducted by an IBCLC:
- Tuesday mornings from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
If you have questions about any of our breastfeeding classes or support group, please contact our Parent Educator at 720-754-7339.