When every second matters, count on us.
The Institute for Limb Preservation is recognized as the regional center for replantation of severed extremities. Emergency health care professionals can call 1-800-262-LIMB (5462) 24 hours a day and speak with a triage coordinator.
Replanting an amputated part is a complex process that can take 4 – 12 hours. Our plastic surgeons are experts at managing the damaged nerves, vessels and muscles that must be addressed to assure a positive outcome for each patient.
About Our Program
- Expert management of single system upper extremity trauma
- Plastic surgeons with fellowship training in microvascular and hand surgery
- Team of plastic surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, and vascular surgeons for extensive upper extremity trauma.
- Referral system coordinating patient transport from your facility to Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center.
- Replant surgeons will provide phone consultation to referring physician and the patient for management decisions prior to transport.
- Certified hand therapist for immediate post-operative care.