Gynecologists in Denver
At Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, our gynecologists place an emphasis on ensuring women in the Denver metro area have access to quality care close to home. Our multidisciplinary team provides all of the answers to your questions, whether it is regarding your reproductive health or breast health.
Gynecology versus obstetrics
Obstetricians and gynecologists—commonly referred to as OB/GYNs—are often considered as the same medical provider. However, the services associated with obstetrics and gynecology do differ, and they depend on your specific needs.
Gynecology is associated with women’s health services that are not pregnancy-related. These services typically include exams and surgical procedures on reproductive organs.
Obstetricians (OBs) assist pregnant women with their prenatal care. They also assist women with fertility treatments, NICU care and guiding women through their entire pregnancy—from conception to delivery and then the postpartum period.
Women’s conditions we treat
Our goal is to make sure you receive comprehensive women’s care for all of your medical needs. Here is a list of women’s health services we offer at our facility, including but not limited to:
- Annual well-woman exams
- Bacterial vaginosis and yeast infections
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer and dysplasia
- Dermatologic disorders
- Diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- Endometriosis, including endometrial polyps, hyperplasia and cancer
- Family planning
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Head and neck disorders
- Heart disease
- Menstrual cycle abnormalities, including irregularities
- Ovarian cancer
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Postmenopausal bleeding
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Sexual health
- Toxic shock syndrome (TSS)
- Urogynecological problems
- Urinary tract infections and incontinence
- Uterine cancer, fibroids and prolapse