Family medicine and primary care doctors in Denver
Our primary care physicians pride themselves on taking the time to get to know their patients and providing personalized care plans that best meet individual health needs. Often considered to be your personal doctor, primary care physicians are most familiar with your health history and help you make optimal decisions for your health.
As your health partner, your primary care doctor will ensure you receive all recommended medical screenings and health assessments, as well as provide preventive care and help you make healthier lifestyle choices. He or she will also help evaluate the urgency of your medical issues and refer you to other qualified medical specialists when more in-depth treatment or consultation is needed.
Choosing a primary care physician
As your primary partner in health, it is important to choose a physician who will offer you an ongoing, trusting relationship and who is best suited to your individual needs and situation. Primary care physicians provide a broad, yet in-depth spectrum of care, and there are many types of doctors to choose from:
- Family medicine doctors provide care for individuals across their lifespan, from childhood to adulthood. Their scope of practice may include obstetrics and minor surgery.
- Internists provide care for adults of all ages for many different medical problems and disease prevention. They are often patients’ first point of contact when discussing cancer screenings.
- Pediatricians are caregivers for newborns, infants, children and Their scope of practice includes care for mental and physical childhood illnesses.
- Obstetricians/gynecologists (OB/GYNs) provide care for conditions of the female reproductive system for teens and adults. OB/GYNs are trained to treat infections, screen for cancers and perform surgeries when necessary on a female’s reproductive organs while also being the touchpoint individuals for family planning and the delivery of newborns.
- Geriatricians, or senior health specialists, provide care for adults age 65 and older and are doctors trained to identify, treat and, when possible, prevent disability and disease for aging individuals.
Conditions treated by our primary care specialists
Our physicians are qualified to treat any non-vital, yet urgent condition you may be experiencing and are happy to advise you on healthy lifestyle decisions. Services we offer and diseases/disorders we address include:
- Dermatologic conditions
- Annual physicals and wellness
- Back pain
- Cancer screenings
- Flu and colds
- Heart disease and prevention
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol and triglycerides
- Pre-operative exams
- Preventative health
- Routine vaccinations
- Smoking cessation
- Sports physicals
- Sprains and strains
- Stomach pain and problems
The medical experts at P/SL also offer a comprehensive list of women’s services.
- Family planning/contraception (pills, patches, rings, implants, IUDs)
- Hormone therapy
- Pap smears and well-woman exams
- Pelvic and breast exams
- Painful periods
- Sexually transmitted disease treatment and prevention (including HPV vaccinations)
- Treatment and management of abnormal pap smears (colposcopy, LEEP procedures)
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Vulvar skin conditions